Per long awaited request, I am finally happy to announce a new series of blog posts as a companion guide to my previous guide, where I will be demonstrating in-depth tutorials on how to design various types of planner stickers in GIMP.
Before we get started, here is a link to my previous guide, where I go step by step through the process of buying materials, opening an Etsy shop, printing and cutting planner stickers, and fulfilling orders. If you are interested in that material, click here to head over to the other series.
Additionally, I would like to mention that this series will also have a sister series released in parallel: How to Design Planner Stickers in Photoshop. If you are using Adobe Photoshop, head on over to that guide!
Photo editing programs can be pretty overwhelming. I have been using Photoshop for almost 10 years now and I am still constantly discovering new features and finding easier ways to accomplish certain tasks. Although I don't use GIMP on a regular basis, this free, open source software has all the basic functionality you need to design planner stickers. I hope to share what I've learned in an effort to get you up to speed designing stickers in no time!
Some of these articles will even be made into videos on my YouTube channel, so be sure to subscribe to never miss a post!
The articles in this guide are listed below, and will updated with links as they become available.
Click on any of the available articles to proceed in the guide.
Table of Contents
- Understanding the Basic Concepts of GIMP
- How to Design a Logo for your Sticker Shop in GIMP
- How to Design Templates for your Sticker Sheets in GIMP
- How to Design Header Stickers for your Planner in GIMP
- How to Design Full Box Stickers for your Planner in GIMP
- How to Design Half Box Stickers in GIMP
- How to Design Checkbox Stickers in GIMP
- How to Design a Calendar in GIMP
- How to Design Motivational Quote Stickers in GIMP
- How to Design Text Based Stickers in GIMP
- How to Design Functional Icon Stickers in GIMP
- How to Design Appointment Labels in GIMP
- How to Import your Sticker Files to Silhouette Studio
- How to Choose Which Parts of your Sticker Sheet are Cut
- How to Choose a Rainbow Color Palette for your Stickers
Please feel free to ask questions, provide feedback, or suggest additional content that you would like to see!
I sincerely hope you find this series helpful, informative, and easy to follow, and I look forward to sharing what I have learned!